Diesel /Heavy Equipment Road Mechanic| North and Central Florida
Agriculture and forestry jobs at employee-owned companies offer a unique combination of specialized expertise and a shared ownership ethos. With a direct stake in their company’s success, professionals in these positions apply their skills in the sustainable management of natural resources to drive impactful practices and ensure long-term environmental stewardship.
Agriculture and forestry jobs often require a background in relevant sciences, hands-on experience in land management, and a strong understanding of sustainable practices within the industry. The synergy between industry knowledge and an ownership culture fosters a collaborative, motivated, and empowered workforce, creating a lasting impact on the environment and the company's growth.
Employee ownership changes the relationship between the company and employee. Today there are 6,400 employee-owned companies in America.
Working at an employee-owned company provides tremendous wealth-building benefits beyond conventional roles. Employee-owned companies provide every employee with reasonable access to ownership through broad-based structures such as Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs), Employee Ownership Trusts (EOTs), or even Direct Share Ownership Plans (DSOPs).
Ownership aligns interests and encourages wealth accumulation as the company thrives, enhancing the financial security of the employee-owners and positively impacting the culture of the business.
Broad-based ownership creates alignment, fosters commitment, increases collaboration, and drives innovation. Giving employees a direct financial stake in the success of the company incentivizes efficiency, leads to improved decision-making, and increases customer satisfaction. The shared responsibility created by an ownership culture strengthens the company’s performance, which benefits employees through shared ownership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Positions list a wide range of experience, ranging from 1-10 years of landscaping/horticulture/agriculture experience
- Degree requirements vary from High School diploma and equivalent to Bachelor’s degrees in various concentrations such as Forestry, environmental science or related fields
- Proficient in using office equipment and technology, i.e. laptop, scanner, printer, apps, camera phones, etc. is required for most positions
- Most roles require you to pass background check and drug screen
- Ability to complete necessary safety training and courses upon hire