Food & Beverage Manager
Food service jobs at employee-owned companies encompass a dynamic blend of culinary artistry and shared ownership, shaping a unique professional realm. With a direct stake in their company’s success, food service professionals not only create delightful dining experiences but also meticulously adhere to hygiene standards, source sustainable ingredients, and continually innovate menus, fostering a culinary environment that resonates with both individual growth and the shared prosperity of the company.
Food service jobs typically include culinary training, knowledge of food safety regulations, strong teamwork and communication skills, adaptability in a fast-paced environment, and a passion for delivering exceptional dining experiences. Culinary expertise combined with ownership culture cultivates a motivated, empowered, and collaborative workforce, delivering exceptional flavors and contributing to the company's enduring success.
Employee ownership changes the relationship between the company and employee. Today there are 6,400 employee-owned companies in America.
Working at an employee-owned company provides tremendous wealth-building benefits beyond conventional roles. Employee-owned companies provide every employee with reasonable access to ownership through broad-based structures such as Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs), Employee Ownership Trusts (EOTs), or even Direct Share Ownership Plans (DSOPs).
Ownership aligns interests and encourages wealth accumulation as the company thrives, enhancing the financial security of the employee-owners and positively impacting the culture of the business.
Broad-based ownership creates alignment, fosters commitment, increases collaboration, and drives innovation. Giving employees a direct financial stake in the success of the company incentivizes efficiency, leads to improved decision-making, and increases customer satisfaction. The shared responsibility created by an ownership culture strengthens the company’s performance, which benefits employees through shared ownership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and listening skills
- Basic reading and comprehension and mathematical skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Positions list a wide range of experience, ranging from 1-10 years of food service experience or equivalent
- Degree requirements vary from High School diploma and equivalent to varying Associate’s or Bachelor’s degrees in related fields
- Proficient in computer and typing skills
- Most roles require you to pass background check and drug screen